Production Manager - c£70k + 1/4ly bonus + extensive benefits
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based superalloys. 100+ years of history and experience in the industry with the processes and knowhow which allow them to offer the industry's widest range of nickel alloy products - now seeking to recruit an additional Production Manager with drive, vision and ambition.
To work with the Operations Director and key senior management team in order to provide a world class production function for the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in brief)
- Managing the production process to meet safety, quality, delivery performance, inventory, productivity, production, shipment and cost budget targets.
- implement a continuous improvement process that drives improvement in safety, product yield, cost of non-conformance, productivity, cycle time reduction and cost reduction.
- Ensure that the Metal Inventory is managed at least cost by effective resource, scheduling, close monitoring and good revert management.
- To ensure that correct and proper financial management is adhered to via robust quality accounting controls and procedures for measurement of attainment of committed financial targets. Ensuring the financial management processes comply with SOX controls and procedures.
- To plan and evaluate future capital needs and requisitions through market and technical analysis for justification;
- ensuring production is cost effective; ensure that the manufacturing capability is cost effective and able to support the needs of the markets.
- ensure products are produced on time and compliant to quality standards;
- ensure product standards are implemented in line with quality-control programmes;
- liaising with different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- ensuring that health and safety guidelines are adhered to;
- supervising, leading and motivating employees;
- reviewing performance.
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Preferable graduate level education
- Significant and relevant experience in production management at managerial level
- Proven experience in a high volume production environment
- Engineering manufacturing background
- Good management and influencing skills
- A willingness to adapt and develop within the role; ambitious
SALARY & BENEFITS
Circa £60-70k per annum + 1/4ly bonuses (averaging 10-11% per annum), Pension scheme (5% company contribution), BUPA, 25 days leave + bank and statutory holidays. Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
How To Apply/Find Out More:
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call us on 01276 20444.
Due to the sometimes high numbers of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days it must be assumed that your application has not been successful on this occasion.