The world's leading innovator and manufacturer in this niche sector, with 100+ years of history and experience in the industry with the processes and knowhow which allow them to offer the industry's widest range of products used in aerospace, the offshore oil industry, chemical engineering and thermal processing - and as part of their continuous improvement strategy and to support manufacturing operations, now recruiting a Quality Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in brief)
- Ensuring product is manufactured in accordance with all relevant Quality Standards, Work Instructions, Fixed Process Methods and Quality Plans
- Coordinating and reviewing internal non-conformance
- Day-to-day management of customer concession activity
- Championing a Right First Time culture throughout the site
- Coordinating the implementation and use of FMEA methodology throughout the organisation in accordance with automotive and aerospace industry standards
- Working in conjunction with other functions to develop and introduce Visual Work Instructions and Visual Standards to support the manufacturing processes
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Degree qualified (ideally in Engineering, Material Science or Metallurgy)
- Strong Quality Background
- Ideally, candidates will also have a Six Sigma qualification
- Familiar with RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) and FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) methodologies
- Proven experience in a high volume production manufacturing environment
- A willingness to adapt and develop within the role; ambitious
SALARY & BENEFITS
Circa £35-45k per annum (negotiable)+ 1/4ly bonuses (averaging around 10% per annum), 33 days holiday a year, participation in the Company’s non-contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Stock Purchase Plan and private medical insurance.
In writing - please send your CV and covering letter/email to our retained search consultant - no agencies and no direct applications to this employer please. Thank you.