Network / PC Technician - Farnborough £24-26k
This is initially a temporary contact, leading to a permanent position within 3 months
We are looking for a Network/PC Technician to provide 1st and 2nd line support, reporting to the Network Manager in a truly inspiring and exceptional working environment. This is a temp to permanent role – with genuine and realistic prospects for permanence within 3 months. Further career progression within the role and beyond.
- Work with the Network Manager to deliver on goals and objectives in order to maintain optimum environment for all internal and external contacts
- Coordinate hardware and software updates
- Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware and software products
- Facilitate server backups and ensure effective storage methods for recovery procedures
- Provide technical support and guidance and one to one training for end users
- Monitor and administer the local network performance and drive space utilization
- Maintain and troubleshoot phone/voicemail system
- Establish and maintain user accounts and security permissions
- Maintain records for hardware and software inventory, licencing, voice and data cabling, equipment configuration etc
Skills & Experience:
- Degree or college education – relevant to this role (or combination of qualification and experience)
- 1+ years experience (or combination of qualification and experience)
- Driving licence (beneficial)
- Proven experience in a similar environment with a variety of hardware and software (MS Office, Word, Excel, Access etc), printers, telephones and other sundry equipment
- Excellent verbal and written skills – good customer care/desire to ‘fix’ and ‘assist’
- Highly organised
Salary - £24-26k (negotiable dependent upon skills and experience). Once permanent, pension up to 6% - match contributions; health and dental care; 25 days leave + statutory holidays; working hours between 7.30am and 17:00 pm (varying 40 hour working pattern to deliver cover to site).
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
This role is being managed EXCLUSIVELY by the Dane Partnership Ltd. First interviews will be arranged promptly– outside office hours appointments available. Due to the sometimes larger responses to our adverts, it may not always be possible for us to get back to each one individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.