Graduate – Logistics & Planning for an outstanding ‘world class’ employer
Starting salary £24 -26k + extensive benefitsWe are now seeking to appoint an ambitious Graduate to join an established Logistics and Purchasing team. This role will suit someone keen to a find logistics opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - and by way of example, the career path from this graduate entry level role is likely to be a promotion to Logistics Planner right up to Supply Chain Manager and beyond……...or change streams and move over into Operations Management.
This particular facility manufactures components for the aerospace, oil & gas and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 30,000 people at 161 locations in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in materials and processes but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or "get lost in the crowd".
Key Area Responsibilities:
- To be the primary logistics and planning interface between the customer and the organisation
- To manage the receipt, analysis and processing of existing customer schedules
- Inputting schedules into the system and responding to the customer with delivery promises
- Monitor and report on delivery performance and escalate delivery
- Communicate delivery schedules and provide regular status reports to the customer
- Work with other departments to manage delivery of customer requirements
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager on projects to improve departmental performance
- Customer contact for logistics department – dealing with all customer issues and delivery commitments
- Relevant reporting using our in house logistics/purchasing systems
- Customer schedule response – weekly work in progress status reports, acknowledgements
- Co-ordinate weekly trucks from various UK and overseas locations
- Expedite parts to achieve on time delivery 100%
- Be the Logistics presence in site meetings
- Undertake raw material purchasing duties if required; cover for purchasing from time to time
- Degree qualified: graduate in a numerate, engineering or business discipline
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Negotiation skills, demonstrated organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in using the MS Office Suite of products in particular outstanding skills in Excel
About The Benefits:
Basic annual starting salary of £24-26k, 25 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions). Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm – Monday to Friday.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.