The world's leading innovator and manufacturer in their specialist (metals) sector. Award winning employer with 100+ years of history and experience in industry. They have the processes and know-how enabling them to offer the industry's widest range of products. Now seeking to recruit a Lead Analytical Chemist, suiting those with ambition - prospects are outstanding within this site, and throughout the wider parent group of companies.
ROLE PURPOSE: Analysis of materials (mainly metals) pre and post production processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in brief)
Reporting to Operations Supervisor, this role will be predominantly laboratory based leading a small team of technicians. We would expect you to ‘take the lead’, learning, developing and sharing knowledge and information with colleagues, as well as working with our engineers and specialists in different parts of this large organisation. You will have a technical understanding of, or have used:-
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP OES)
- X Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Positive Material Identification using portable XRF / Spectrotest
- Spark Emission / laser ablation techniques
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP MS)
- C+S, ON & H Gas analysis
- Hollow Cathode trace element analysis
- Degree Qualified in Chemistry/Science
- A technical understanding of the techniques, factors that affect the analysis
- Ability to share information, inform, communicate and teach others
- Capable of defining/undertaking equipment calibration requirements
- Experience of nickel alloys, GDMS (Glow discharge mass spectrometry), lean experience and the management of a large analytical standard library/catalogue would be a distinct advantage
Circa £30k (flexible, dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses, pension, life insurance, 33 days annual leave. Relocation assistance in appropriate circumstances and potential for continuous training to improve skills and enhance performance/increase prospects.
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.