The Director of Human Resources (Metals Group), will be responsible for the development and delivery of the people strategies aligned to the business goals and objectives across two of our biggest UK businesses, within a rapidly growing Fortune 500 company, operating in the engineering and manufacturing sector, predominantly making materials and components for the aerospace and power generation industries.
“Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and direct with an expectation of high performance from every employee. We reward performance and results and challenge each employee to reach their full potential by demanding continuous improvement, while increasing local decision-making and authority. We are committed to recruiting, training, and promoting employees who rise to these challenges. All our employees share responsibility to maintain the highest legal and ethical standards. Performing with integrity is a way of life and vital to the Company's success.”
The Director of HR (Metals Group) will be central in bringing the businesses closer together, reporting directly to the UK Vice President of Operations, there will also be oversight from the Group’s International Vice President of HR.
The position is accountable for the Human Resources team, and works in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure the strategies reflect the company culture, values and aims, based around enabling individuals and teams to achieve sustained high performance. The organisation has clear and ambitious growth plans and this position will be instrumental in achieving these, so will suit an individual looking for a challenge within the manufacturing environment, and the opportunity this brings.
Key Responsibilities for the role will include:
- The formulation of people strategies that are appropriate to the Company mission and strategic goals, including talent management, leadership and management development, behaviour and values, recruitment and retention, employee engagement and Company culture.
- Working with the existing HR team to ensure their continuous development
- Be proactive in ensuring we maintain our commercial edge in a highly competitive sector
Experience and skills required:
The ability to drive culture change and performance improvement and have the ability to develop and implement HR strategy that links directly to the business objectives
- Commercial acumen, able to demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong negotiation skills and financial understanding
- Have operated at senior level whilst interfacing with department and divisional heads – confident influencing key stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Takes ownership and responsibility; results oriented and has a proactive style
- Exhibits strong team working and leadership skills and makes sound decisions even when under pressure
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative policies and practices
- Demonstrable experience of managing and implementing projects and change initiatives
- Strong HR generalist with experience of working in a trade unionised manufacturing environment
- CIPD qualified and ideally will have knowledge of learning and development and Human Capital Planning
- Able to offer examples of proactive HR strategy
Package: Negotiable dependent upon experience but likely to fit within a £75-90k banding + car allowance, health care etc. What you can deliver in terms of experience and potential moving forward is more important, hence the banding is broader but negotiable.
Applications: Applications in writing to email@example.com In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.