Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
£12.06 per hour plus shift premium (circa £26,000 per annum) plus benefits
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer in their specialist sector - 100+ years of history and experience in the industry with the processes and know-how allowing them to offer the industry's widest range of products - now seeks to recruit a Multi skilled Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical).
As an integral member of the Engineering team (reporting to the Engineering team leader), the engineer will provide engineering support within the team, working on allocated equipment - carrying out both electrical and mechanical work to the desired standard.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the maintained areas
- Undertake Engineering Planned Maintenance activities within the department
- Servicing, maintaining and calibrating equipment in conjunction with the current computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Ensure efficient communication and effective shift handovers
- Assist with improvement methods, reducing plant downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the areas of responsibility - utilising modern improvement techniques and updates
- Carry out Health and Safety improvements as directed by the Engineering Team leader
- Input to the Engineering Supervisor/Team Leader for maintenance requirements and shutdowns, and determine spares requirements that may be required to undertake planned tasks
- Assist in the development and skills training of the Apprentices allocated to the team
- Minimum: BTEC Higher National Certificate in electrical engineering
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to diagnose using PLC program
- Understanding of Encoders and other field devices and an understanding of motors, drives and diagnostics
- Previous hydraulics experience
- Must be able to perform as part of a team and under own initiative during "pressure" situations
- Be pro-active and responsible in fault finding and problem solving
This is a full time role working 3 shift patterns: 6am – 2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am.
£12.06 per hour + shift premium (£48 per week and an additional £30 for nights) + benefits (quarterly bonuses, pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave including bank holidays). This is an employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Nataile - email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.