Buyer – Circa £26k + 1/4ly bonus + benefits - Hereford
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer in their specialist sector - 100+ years of history and experience in the industry with the processes and know how allowing them to offer the industry's widest range of products - now seeking to recruit a commodity buyer, suiting those with ambition where prospects are outstanding within this site, and also within the parent group of companies.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in brief)
- Lead sourcing exercises to develop and maintain a competitive supply base
- Negotiate with suppliers to optimise cost, quality and delivery
- Put in place robust commercial and contractual relationships with major services and suppliers
- Implement and maintain appropriate KPIs to measure service/supplier performance
- Work with production planning and others to ensure all services are carried out in accordance with the applicable company policies and SOX controls
- Review and assess current and future services contracts
- Issue, review and assess Requests for Quotations to potential suppliers
- Ensure services are available to meet the needs of internal customers
- Work with the Materials, Purchase & Contracts Managers to review and revise current department policies & procedures, including SOX Compliance
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Minimum 2-3 years previous buying experience/qualification within a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to represent the company in sometimes challenging environments
- Results driven
- Leadership potential, ambitious
PACKAGE: Up to £26k (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses (in region of 10-12% per annum) + pension scheme, life insurance, 37.5 hour week, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), share purchase scheme. Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Nataile - firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.