Surrey (can be home based when not attending a client site), circa 20 hours per week, circa £15 per hour (negotiable dependent on experience)
A specialist provider of 24-hour live in care now seeks a talented, enthusiastic individual who is keen to join their growing business and help build on its current level of success.
This family owned business is built on a background of experience in the NHS and Social service sectors and prides itself on providing properly regulated care, placing great importance on training and quality monitoring.
The person we are looking for is someone who has had considerable experience in delivering care (in either the home, a residential setting or domiciliary care) and who is looking for a job where they can develop their clinical leadership skills and influence the way care is delivered.
Role Purpose: To support the Registered Manager in the supervision and clinical leadership of live-in care staff
Care Standards: Liaise with senior staff members and care staff to ensure that the highest standard of service is provided at all times
- Assess social and health care needs of new clients, maintain ongoing assessment and review
- Budgetary / Financial Control for key commodities
Human Resources: Adhere to, and implement, all HR policies & procedures; assist with interview new staff; formal and informal supervision and on-going assessment of care staff
Training & Development: Supervise and instruct junior/new staff members in all aspects of their work, providing help and guidance where appropriate. Assist the Registered Manager to develop training programs for staff
Marketing: Actively market the Live-in Care Service and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community
Health & Safety: Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Live-in Service’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Undertake risk assessments within Clients’ homes in line with the Company’s Health & Safety policies
- In the absence of the Registered Manager, carry out duties as “Responsible Officer” for the Live-In Care Service in line with CQC/Care Commission guidelines, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and Fire Regulations
- Promote safe working practice at all times and adhere to the General Social Care Council Code of Conduct
The post holder will be expected to hold the emergency on-call phone over alternate weekends (current call out level is minimal). There will be rare occasions when the deputy may be asked to provide short periods of interim care cover when an emergency arises (this is minimal as an effective resource plan is in place to provide longer term cover in emergency situations).
- NVQ Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care and/or relevant experience
- Genuine interest in working in the care sector
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Full Driving License
- Has a professional image
- Competent IT skills (Word and email)
- Previous management / supervisory experience, desirable
Package: Circa 20 hours per week, exact hours to be agreed with successful candidate, circa £15 per hour (negotiable dependent on experience). If the deputy manager works over a statutory bank holiday, they will be paid double time. On call rate for weekends and out of hours work.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Natalie Sanders - email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible – as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.