Controls Engineer – Electrical Engineering /Manufacturing - for an outstanding ‘world class’ employer
Starting salary £35-45k (negotiable dependent upon experience) + benefits
We are now seeking to appoint an innovative and creative Controls Engineer to join our team based on site in Livingston. This particular facility manufactures nickel-based, titanium and steel alloy components for the aerospace, oil & gas and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 30,000 people at 161 locations in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in materials and processes but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or "get lost in the crowd".
The Position – Overview
The primary focus of this role will be to maintain the current control platforms, assist in project conceptual designs, detail engineering, procurement, construction and pre-operational testing as well as commissioning and start up.
Responsibilities of the position:
• Design and troubleshoot process control systems
• Engineer, design and test electrical, instrumentation and automation systems associated with industrial
• PLC/HMI hardware/software design, programming, and troubleshooting
• Develop and engineer electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and PLC logic
• Design and implement process network infrastructure (Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, etc.)
• Interface and communicate with vendors, process engineering, installation contractors and project management
• Specify and procure controls hardware and field instrumentation
• Database programming (SCADA)
• Compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply
• Understand and assist in application of company safety procedures, Lock & Tag, and Arc Flash
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent (2:1 or above)
• Previous experience in an electrical & controls engineering field
• Able to work independently, as a productive member of a team under minimal supervision
• Experienced user of Microsoft office programs
• SQL Database knowledge desirable
About The Benefits:
Basic annual starting salary of £35-45k, 25 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays) and pension (employee and employer contributions). Working hours are 8am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, and 8am to 3pm on a Friday.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Natalie Sanders - firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible – as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.