Due to further expansion, a well established commercial and residential construction company, working mainly within the Home Counties now seeks to appoint an experienced Estimator to join this long standing, reputable and growing business. Specialising in new build and refurbishment, and works also carried out on listed properties to extend and restore them for both preservation and development. Low staff turnover, high employee satisfaction - this is an employer with an enviable client base and long list of satisfied customers.
This role will suit someone looking to make the next step in your career or potentially step up into the role of senior estimator – reports direct to our MD. We are looking for the right person, so if the role is right for you in terms of content and location, please apply irrespective of the salary banding since this is negotiable.
From a base near Guildford, reporting to the Managing Director, the Estimator will work in the office and visiting sites for new build, refurbishment and design & build contracts within a 30 mile radius. Main duties will include:-
- Generate cost estimates in a fast efficient manner
- Assist in tender, pre qualification questionnaires and quotation submissions
- Clarify customer requirements with sub contractors and surveyors
- Appraise estimated costs against actuals
- Undertake applications for payments and valuations
- Assist with improvements to processes and procedures throughout the estimating remit
This role will suit someone who can work on their own initiative and as part of our senior team. You will have estimating experience in the residential and commercial sector.
- Relevant qualification (degree, HNC, NVQ4)
- Experienced in projects ranging from £50k to £2.5m in value
- Experience of taking off quantities up to SMM7
- Estimating experience for a main contractor or subcontractor; excellent understanding of project costs, including labour and materials
- Successfully delivered tenders of a wide variety and cost
- Ability to read and accurately interpret drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to undertake site surveys/measurements and work with bills of quantity
- Comfortable working as part of a team in a growing business playing a pivotal role
- Good personal presentation, literate and highly numerate
Salary up to £ Competitive (negotiable dependent upon experience), car (or if preferred a car allowance), business mileage, pension and private healthcare. Working hours are usually 8-5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please forward a copy of your current CV to email@example.com. Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible - as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.