Trainee Accountant- full ACA study package
£20,000 - £23,000 per annum + benefits including full sponsorship through ACA qualification
An independent firm of Chartered Accountants, acting for almost 800 clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations, are now looking to appoint a recent or soon to be graduate, with a desire to work in accountancy whilst enjoying full sponsorship (day release with a highly reputable training provider) towards a formal accountancy qualification (ACA). Based in Camberley, this is an exciting and rare opportunity offering progression through the firm to become a qualified accountant.
This trainee accountant role would suit a recent or soon to be graduate, or potentially a graduate with 1 – 2 years experience looking to move into a career in accountancy.
The role will include exposure to all aspects of general practice accountancy as follows:
- Preparation of accounts - sole trader, partnership and small limited companies accounts – preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on excel spreadsheets and Sage Accounts, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- VAT – review / preparation of client quarterly VAT Returns
- Personal Taxation – assistance with and completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax work
- Corporation Taxation – assistance with and completion of CT Returns
- Audits – assisting seniors / managers with site / office based work
- Client correspondence - both written and oral
- General administration - filing etc. relating to the office and clients
- Degree education –ideally in a numerical discipline (2:1 or higher)
- Excellent grasp of Maths and English - with A Level Maths desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and personal presentation - there will a degree of client contact and it is important that candidates are confident in communicating both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Highly attentive to detail
- Experienced IT user
About The Benefits
- Annual salary between £20,000-£23,000 (negotiable)
- Full sponsorship and day release through to completion of ACA qualification
- 22 days leave (increasing to 25 days after 3 years service) + 8 Bank & statutory holidays
- Pension (employee and employer contributions)
- Life Assurance
The trainee accountant will have standard working hours - Monday to Friday, with sponsorship and day release (paid) to attend ACA training in Reading.
This is a 3 year contract to be reviewed upon the successful completion of the ACA qualification.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Lorna Dane - firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible – as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.