Metallurgist/ Extrusion Technologist
Circa £33-£35k (negotiable dependant on experience) + benefits
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based superalloys with 100+ years of history and experience in their niche industry - is now seeking to appoint a Metallurgist/Extrusion Technologist.
The extrusion technologist role will provide first line technical support to the Extrusion Department to include daily development and preparation of extrusion procedures, problem solving and quality issues and process development.
- The resolution / improvement / control of issues associated with material quality and yield, operational processes and productivity related developments
- Ensure quality and yield performance on operations and processes
- Take action to resolve problems affecting the achievement of established standards
- Develop regular and ad-hoc monitoring systems to give the earliest possible warning of potential problems
- Identify working practices that cause adverse yield or quality. Take immediate action to remedy unplanned deviations
- Carry out investigations aimed at making changes to existing procedures, routes or starting stocks with a view to improving yield, quality or productivity or reducing costs
- Undertake improvement of products / processes of a special or critical nature
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in relevant discipline e.g. Engineering/Manufacturing/Materials Science/Metallurgy
- Hands on experience/knowledge of extrusion desirable
- Eager, ambitious, committed, self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in high temperature processing of metal alloys
PACKAGE: £33,000 - £35,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Natalie Sanders - email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible – as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.