Maintenance Team Leader - Mechanical Bias - for an outstanding ‘world class’ employer
Circa £29,000 + benefits
We are now seeking to appoint Maintenance Team Leader to join our Mechanical Engineering team based on site in Lincoln. This particular facility manufactures nickel-based, titanium and steel alloy components for the aerospace, oil & gas and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 30,000 people at 161 locations in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in materials and processes but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or "get lost in the crowd".
Responsibilities of the position:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Maintenance Manager in pursuing business objectives in terms of output, quality and cost
- Maintaining and improving productivity so that production schedules and customer needs are met
- Ensuring that agreed customer delivery times are achieved and that customers receive a high standard of service at all times
- Scheduling resources within your team to meet production requirements and ensure the organisation of priorities to achieve the plan
- Identifying , developing and implementing continuous improvement activities with your team, including developing improvement actions to reduce scrap levels
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and legislation with regards to Health and Safety and people management (attendance, training and development, labour planning etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with Preventative Maintenance procedures, using available data to identify equipment improvements and taking appropriate actions to reduce down time
- Ad hoc duties specified by the Maintenance Manager to fulfil the business needs
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering
- Prior Experience of managing a team is essential
- Basic financial awareness
- PC literate
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
About The Benefits:
Annual salary of circa £29,000,33 days leave (including 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions). Main sift pattern 7.00am – 3.00pm with the occasional requirement to work 3.00 pm – 11.00 pm (dependent on the needs of the business)
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to Natalie Sanders - email@example.com. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout.
Whilst we try to respond to all applications individually, due to the sometimes larger responses to advertisements, this may not always be possible – as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed your application was not successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to hearing from you.