An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced individual to promote technical excellence within a busy materials testing facility as Technical Manager.
Working for a world leading innovator and materials manufacturer with 100+ years of history and experience in their niche industry, the role will be responsible for providing technical support to a wide range of mechanical, physical and chemical testing laboratories. As a part of the laboratory management team you will make a direct contribution to the future of the business by guiding development of new tests and techniques.
- Provision of technical support to all laboratory areas including the supporting heat treatment and thermocouple calibration areas
- Responsibility, alongside the Quality Manager for the application of the quality system across the laboratory and supporting UKAS, NADCAP and customer audits
- Responsible for liaising with the sales team to support testing enquiries and if necessary develop new test methods to support business growth
- Responsible for the capital investment plan and periodically report on the progress against agreed objectives and timescales. Have responsibility for specification, installation and commissioning/calibration of new equipment
- Assist in the development of training programmes to support the development of staff and test techniques
- Provide data analysis of key metrics in use to demonstrate areas for improvement and develop preventative counter measures as appropriate
- Accompany and support technical sales representatives when visiting customers, trade shows and events
- A relevant degree level (or higher) qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ working in materials testing laboratory, experience in a UKAS 17025 / NADCAP AC7101 environment an advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency across a wide range of materials testing techniques including, experience and/or an understanding of mechanical testing, creep and fatigue testing and fracture mechanics
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on initiative and as part of the management team
- Excellent IT proficiency
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel in support of the business.
- Have a good working knowledge of operational management areas such as EHS, quality, cost delivery
Salary of circa £40,000 per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience) plus quarterly bonuses, pension scheme, life insurance, 37.5 hour week, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Relocation assistance in appropriate circumstances.
Applications in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, no agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful