A unique opportunity to join a small team with big responsibilities – this is a role suitable for a recent marketing graduate, someone in early stages of their marketing career, or someone who simply loves the diversity and variety of a new role in a niche sector . The employer is an organisation central to, and at the hub of our town centre, working with local businesses (offices, retail and leisure) as well as agencies and service providers in the town. Reporting to the Business & Marketing Manager, we are looking for someone to help deliver our highly pro-active marketing and events calendar and projects to ensure our town is a desirable destination for business, employment, shopping and living.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting the management team in the delivery of the business and marketing plans, on time and to the highest of standards
- A chance to get ‘creative’ with our marketing materials and have some input into the delivery of our marketing messages
- E-marketing campaigns , making good use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Communicating with our customers to promote upcoming events and initiatives (verbal, in writing and through social media)
- Researching and resourcing for upcoming events
- Assist with events organisation liaising with participants, sponsors and guests
- Onsite support during events, acting as a point of contact for all involved
- Maintain our mailing lists and contact data
- General office support and administration
- A positive, outgoing personality with a 'can do' attitude
- Good IT skills on MS Office and a proven user of social media
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Some work experience i.e. internship during full time education or experience in a similar marketing capacity
- Highly attentive to detail
- Team player
- Flexible in regards to start and finish times during events and peak periods in the workload
Based in Camberley
Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm and time off in lieu if events are attended outside usual working hours (approximately 7 evenings/weekends a year)
20 days leave + bank and statutory holidays apply.
Annual salary (dependent upon experience) will range from £18,000-£21,000
Responses in writing to our retained and exclusive HR & Recruitment Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org - and be as creative as you like in terms of the style and format of your application, but please explain why this role is of interest to you, your availability to start, and what skills and/or experience you can bring to the team.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.