An exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious HR professional to join a well established employer, operating within the heavy engineering and manufacturing sector. Reporting to the on site head of HR, the Senior HR Generalist (within an established HR team) will be responsible for day to day operational HR function, assisting the senior management team within the organisation.
We are seeking candidates that are CIPD qualified, with experience managing and driving HR projects, alongside proven experience of working with Trade Unions. You will need to be comfortable challenging the status quo, influencing improvements and ensuring the site operates in accordance with HR policies and procedures and HR best practice. In this role, you will lead from the front, championing core values, partnering our senior management team when addressing all employee related matters. You will have the ability to build collaborative, strong and long term relationships – you will have experience in the mentoring, counselling and coaching others and a desire to problem solve and be accountable for the actions undertaken by the HR function at site.
Role Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring adherence to best practice and employment legislation
- Business partnering site management, providing advise, guidance and coaching with regards to:
- Employee Relations (including disciplinary and grievance)
- Recruitment & Selection
- Employee Engagement
- Appraisals and Performance Management
- Employee Training & Development
- Succession Planning
- Attendance and Absence Management
- Managing Ad hoc HR Projects to support organisational change
- Degree education with a CIPD qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HR generalist role
- Experience in a fast pace unionised manufacturing environment
- Excellent practical knowledge in terms of the application of employment law and business policies
- Excellent people skills
Annual salary of c£46k + discretionary bonus and benefits.
For further details, full job description and a full breakdown of the benefits, please contact our exclusively retained HR & Recruitment Consultancy.
How To Apply:
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to our exclusively appointed HR and Recruitment consultant, Lorna Dane - firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a more personal, ‘hands on’ approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid responses, honest and clear communications throughout the interview and placement process. However, on the basis we receive high numbers of responses to certain advertisements, it may not always be possible to respond to each one individually – therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 days of an application it must be assumed that your application has not been successful.