On-Site AV Technician – Reading, £24-28k
This is a well established Audio Visual Communications company which is now, due to expansion, seeking an On-Site AV Technician to work at one of our many client sites (in brand new office space in Reading). You will be joining this highly successful, friendly and progressive company with great opportunities to build on your career longer term. Whilst we are looking for someone with the right skills and technical proficiency, we are also looking for someone naturally organised with a methodological approach to their work – your technical knowledge and expertise is clearly very important but personality fit, ambition and attention to customer care for us is also crucial.
This role would suit someone wanting to progress their career within the Corporate AV industry. You will be supporting day to day meetings that require AV assistance.
Main duties and requirements:
- Support, set up & testing of Video Conferences in meeting rooms and remotely via web
- Hardware diagnosis & fault finding
- General meeting room support including the use of Barco ClickShare
- Maintenance of hardware, inventory and supply of sundries
- Performing preventative maintenance checks
- Administration of booked support & set up required
- Co-ordination with the service team
- Preparing monthly statistics for meeting room equipment usage, support, and failures for client and employer’s use
- Delivering ad-hoc meeting room support
- Liaison with internal and external agencies with respect to the various elements of ‘service’ provision e.g. booking the auditorium for external planned maintenance works
NOTE: The job may also entail working at height and manual handling
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail, customer focus and calm under pressure
- Maturity, especially when under pressure
- Some corporate AV or Live Events support background
- Windows/Mac OS experience
- Ability to setup & support web based conferences (WebEx / Inter-call /Microsoft etc.).
- Some experience of Crestron control systems along with Cisco VC equipment is preferred
- Technical proficiency – general AV, VC
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a small team
Full procedure training and equipment training including CTS will be given
Working hours – Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:30. This is flexible depending on the needs of the business.
Applications on email to email@example.com
NO direct applications to the employer and no agencies please. Due to the sometimes high numbers of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days it must be assumed that your application has not been successful on this occasion.