HR Generalist / HR Advisor – ‘World Class Employer’ - c£34-36k + bonus + benefits and more….
We are now seeking to appoint an ambitious HR Graduate with at least three years experience as an HR generalist. This role will suit someone keen to find an HR opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - we are looking for someone with sufficient ambition to potentially work up to the position of HR Director.
This particular facility produces components for the aerospace, automotive and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 32,000 people in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in the materials and processes we use, but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or "get lost in the crowd". As a member of the HR Team our philosophy is to contribute to team efforts, finding new ways to help, learn and share new skills, volunteering to ‘pitch in’ and help others too.
Reporting to the Senior on site HR Manager who in turn reports to HR at Group level, you will be responsible for providing a proactive HR Generalist service at the site on HR and L&D related matters including Recruitment & Selection; Employee Relations and Communications; Disciplinary & Grievance; Attendance and Absence Management; Performance Management and Development; Succession Planning; Employee Engagement; and Compliance.
- Under the direction of the Senior HR Manager, be the point of contact for all HR related queries at the site and handle day to day employee relations queries
- Inform and consult with employees/unions as required on all employee relations matters
- Manage recruitment and selection from requisition to hire
- Manage interviews by telephone and in person along with online testing and assessment centres
- Manage HR administration (with the HR Administrator)
- Manage temporary labour including liaison with external agencies
- Organise induction training programmes and to deliver the HR element to new recruits
- Design and deliver training on core policies as directed by the HRD/HRM
- Assist with the Management of absenteeism; Manage referrals of ongoing medicals and liaison with the Occupational Health Advisor
- Understand company policies and procedures and help create guidelines where none currently exist
- Manage any investigations and disciplinary/grievance matters as required up to and including dismissal
- HR reporting (weekly / monthly)
- Advise on other employment matters and counsel employees on work related problems
- Work with and coach managers when completing performance reviews and performance management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate, CIPD qualified or prepared to study to gain CIPD qualification/membership status
- Minimum 3 years experience in an HR generalist role in a fast paced, results driven business – within a manufacturing (or similar) environment
- Strong practical working knowledge of employment law
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong communicator
- Can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ambitious and MUST be a team player
About The Benefits:
Basic annual salary of £34-36k, 26 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.
How To Apply/Find Out More:
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to our exclusively appointed HR and Recruitment consultant Lorna Dane who knows our business well, having worked with the parent company for 7 years. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your written application.
We have a more personal, ‘hands on’ approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid responses, honest and clear communications throughout the interview and placement process. However, on the basis we receive high numbers of responses to certain advertisements, it may not always be possible to respond to each one individually – therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 days of an application it must be assumed that your application has not been successful.