Marketing Internship - 1 year placement - £18k + benefits
Three exciting opportunities in brand, trade and digital marketing.
A unique opportunity for three interns to join an established team, with big responsibilities. This is an internship suited to a student or graduate looking for a 1 year placement opportunity. Working for a well known brand and category leader, within a global business with a turnover in excess of $500m, you will be based at our offices in Hayes, with on site parking and good access to public transport. We are an ‘employer of choice’, with a whole lot going on, including new marketing strategies and projects to excite. Whilst reporting to a senior manager, you will also be mentored by our VP for International Marketing – you will not get lost in the crowd!
Under the supervision and direction of your line manager, you will be responsible for delivery of marketing content, including brochures and product sheets, social media and website content, management of an on-line asset library and POS (point of sale) materials. The market coverage is global and will involve contact with markets in Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The posts report to a Brand Manager, also based in Hayes, but you will be expected to show the maturity and skill to work across a matrix reporting structure, indirect reporting (e.g. to Trade Marketing Manager on POS and regional Marketing Managers on activity reporting) and be sensitive to different ways of working across our global markets.
What you will learn/how you can develop:
- Experience how to work as part of a global marketing team in a business with turnover in excess of $500 million
- Work in a fast paced international consumer focused company with industry leading brands
- Understand how marketing contributes to overall business and brand performance and specifically how our work impacts on marketing effectiveness and sales
- Manage projects to tight deadlines and budgets
- Use digital systems to support global markets
- Co-ordination with external agencies; including briefing, creative development, production, dissemination to markets and post activity evaluation
- Report accurately on any given activity and make recommendations for change based on conclusions
Studying for, or degree educated in, a marketing or closely related subject
- A positive, outgoing personality with a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent personal presentation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills on MS Office and a proven user/understanding of social media
- Some previous work experience i.e. employment while in full time education
- Highly attentive to detail – a completer/finisher
Internship Terms: Shortlisted candidate will be invited to attend an assessment centre in April. Based in Hayes in Middlesex. 1 year placement starting in July 2017. Holiday allowance of 25 days per annum (pro-rata) plus all UK bank and statutory holidays. Working week is Monday to Friday, around 35 hours per week. Salary equivalent to £18,000 per annum – pro rated.
Applications: Responses in writing to our retained and exclusive HR & Recruitment Consultant - Natalie@danepartnership.co.uk and be as creative as you like in terms of the style and format of your application, but please explain why this role is of interest to you, your availability to start, and what skills and/or experience you can bring to the team. We very much look forward to hearing from you.