HR Advisor – to £45k + benefits – 12 to 14 month fixed term contract
This company is a market leader, a niche specialist product designer and manufacturer, based in Basingstoke with a US Corporate head office, a global presence and a manufacturing pedigree of which we are very proud.
Now seeking to appoint an HR Advisor to work (following an extensive handover) in a stand alone role based in Basingstoke. This person will cover for our (long standing) HR Business Partner during her period of maternity leave. As well as close working relationships with the senior management team on site, you will interface with the HR Director based overseas in the US parent company.
The HR Advisor acts as a partner to the business as a whole, ensuring high standards are adopted within all elements of the HR Function. You will provide support, guidance and advice to managers and employees (total headcount on site of 70) on HR policies and procedures covering all aspects of the employee life cycle, including L&D, ER and performance management.
Main outline of duties:
- Monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice
- Strive to continually improve processes and credibility of the HR function
- Ensure HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements
- Assist and provide managers with a high degree of professional advice and guidance on issues relating to disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence management
- Work alongside hiring managers to manage the end to end recruitment cycle
- Lead and support HR projects
- Responsibility for administration of benefits schemes for all employees
- Help to drive organisational performance by aligning practice to core business objectives
- Provide relevant statistics and reports to the business as requested
- Provide professional administrative support within the HR department
- Manage the end to end process for payroll (using ADP Freedom)
- Graduate preferable, CIPD qualification (or working towards this) essential
- Previous experience in a similar generalist HR role INCLUDING payroll administration
- Knowledge of ADP Freedom (or a similar payroll package) essential
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment beneficial
- Sound knowledge of HR and more general employment law
- Tenacity, used to a fast pace, sense of urgency
- Confidence to work across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Commitment to the longevity of this contract
Fixed term contract of up to 14 months – preferred start date in late June. Usual working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.45pm (1/2 hour for lunch) and Fri 8am - 12.15pm. Salary up to £36k, benefits include pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more - as well as on site parking.
How to apply:
Application in writing, with a covering note and CV attached Lorna@danepartnership.co.uk. Out of working/office hours appointments available for interviews.
Due to the high numbers of applications, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually, as such, if you have not heard from us within 4 working days, it must be assumed you have not been included on the shortlist for interview.