Trainee Accountant - plus study package
£18,000 - £21,000 per annum + benefits including full sponsorship through accounting qualification
An independent firm of Chartered Accountants, a smaller ‘niche’ employer that offers an outstanding environment in which to work, a delightful team ethic and a reputation for putting good humour and personality alongside hard work and a genuine customer focus when delivering their accounting services. Acting for clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations, we are now looking to appoint a recent or soon to be graduate, with a desire to work in accountancy whilst enjoying full sponsorship (with a reputable training provider) towards a formal accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT). Based in Ascot, this is an exciting and rare opportunity offering progression through the firm to become a qualified accountant.
This trainee accountant role would suit a recent or soon to be graduate, or potentially a graduate with experience looking to move into a career in accountancy. We may also consider school leavers too, the main thing we are looking for is the RIGHT person, with personality, commitment, ambition and a highly people centric and customer care mind set.
The role will include exposure to all aspects of general practice accountancy as follows:
- Preparation of accounts - sole trader, partnership and small limited companies accounts – preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on excel spreadsheets and Sage Accounts, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- VAT – review / preparation of client quarterly VAT Returns
- Personal Taxation – assistance with and completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax work
- Corporation Taxation – assistance with and completion of CT Returns
- Audits – assisting with site / office based work
- Client correspondence - both written and oral
- General administration - filing etc. relating to the office and clients
- Degree education – ideally in a numerical discipline
- Excellent grasp of Maths and English - with A Level Maths desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and personal presentation - there will client contact and it is important that candidates are confident in communicating both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Highly attentive to detail
About The Benefits
- annual salary between £18,000-£21,000 (negotiable)
- Full sponsorship through to completion of accounting qualifications
- 23 days leave + 8 Bank & statutory holidays
How to Apply
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to our exclusively appointed consultant Lorna@danepartnership.co.uk. No agencies please. We have a much more personal, hands on approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid response to enquiries and open communications throughout. Due to the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days it must be assumed that your application has not been successful.