Plant Engineer (World Class Manufacturing) – up to £59k + bonus, benefits and more….
NOTE: WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
Within a World Class Manufacturing site, we are now seeking to appoint an ambitious Plant Engineer with at least five years experience in a relevant industry. This role will suit someone keen to find an exciting opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - we are looking for someone with drive and ambition.
This particular facility produces components for the aerospace, automotive and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 32,000 people in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in the materials and processes we use, but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or get lost in the crowd.
Role Outline: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have the responsibility for plant availability, reliability and effectiveness. This includes recognition of, and development for future improvements alongside on going and preventative maintenance requirements and the day to day management for the reliability of equipment on site.
- Ensure that (within your section) Plant and Equipment is running safely and effectively.
- Ensure sufficient Plans are in place to ensure future Reliability of Plant
- Investigate and reduce recurring Plant issues to maximise uptime
- Analysis of Engineering based non standards
- Complete regular reviews of Preventative and Planned Maintenance
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments (RAMS)
- Implement Plant and process improvements
- Control and understand engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with Environmental and Safety legislation
- Liaise closely with Maintenance and Operations departments to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime
- Identify cost savings through Plant improvement and energy savings
Skills required: Whilst we accept you may not have ALL of what is listed below, we’d like to be able to tick some/most of these criteria and we WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
- Ability to find faults and analysis of cause and prevention
- Able to coach and mentor Maintenance Staff
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with peers and external subject matter experts
- Be able to produce technical reports on dangerous occurrences an Plant Incidents
- Understanding of complex hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of forging press operations
- Knowledge of reheat furnaces, refractories and controls
- Understanding of cranes and lifting equipment
Education and Experience:
- Degree/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an relevant Industry, and related role within manufacturing
About the Salary & Benefits: Basic annual salary of up to £59k, WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly) - discretionary bonus (around 8% per annum) paid on individual and company performance, 26 days leave (+ 9 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to our exclusively appointed HR and Recruitment consultant who knows the business well, having worked with us for almost 7 years. We have a more personal, ‘hands on’ approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid responses, honest and clear communications throughout the interview and placement process. However, on the basis we receive high numbers of responses to certain advertisements, it may not always be possible to respond to each one individually – therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 days of an application it must be assumed that your application has not been successful. (FORGE)