Multi skilled Production/Maintenance Technician
Up to £40,600 + bonus and benefits – Witton, Birmingham
This particular facility produces components for the aerospace, automotive and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 32,000 people in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in the materials and processes we use, but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or get lost in the crowd.
The role: Working as part of the team that operate and maintain the Plant, this role will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Forging Press. Working across a 4x4 continental shift pattern, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Press, utilising a continuous improvement approach to fine-tune equipment using mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills.
- The safe operation of the forging press; ensuring all requirements related to the product quality and equipment parameters are adhered to
- Planning the best way to utilise time between forging
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained to a standard which enables the business requirements to be achieved
- Support with planned preventative maintenance (electrical and mechanical), including the total strip down of heavy complex equipment, giving feedback on issues found
- Effective communication within the Forge Department, specifically relating to the transfer of product between the Rumx and Davy Presses
- Direct input into the continuous improvement culture, which will include individual project ownership
- Skill base that includes either electrical or mechanical maintenance, ideally having completed an Apprenticeship
- Capable of fault finding complex Electro/ mechanical systems, with knowledge/experience of SCADA and PLC to a fault finding level
- Good working knowledge of complex industrial plant, competence working with heavy machinery
- Previous experience on Hydraulic systems
- Ability to safely operate a fork lift truck (although FLT training will be given)
- Conversant with a Total Planned Maintenance [TPM] approach
- Good understanding and working knowledge of safe working practices
Salary: Up to £40,600 + bonus and the opportunity for paid overtime
How To Apply/Find Out More: Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter on email to our exclusively appointed HR and Recruitment consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org who knows the business well, having worked with them for almost 7 years. We have a more personal, ‘hands on’ approach to our recruitment processes, maintaining rapid responses, honest and clear communications throughout the interview and placement process. On the basis we receive high numbers of responses to certain advertisements, it may not always be possible to respond to each one individually – therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 days of an application it must be assumed that your application has not been successful.